Hello all it’s been a while huh? I can’t believe how fast time goes by I wish I had more hours in the day to read all the books I want and do all the things I love doing but such is life and now well is a bit passed the Mid-Year but I decided to take part on this tag this year I have seen so many youtube videos and blog post (like Melanie’s and Lilly’s) about it that I decided why not?!
Now, this is kind of sad since I haven’t been able to read as many books as I would like to and when comparing this year to previous years it just makes me want to cry on how little I have been able to read but I guess one book is better than none.
So without further a do here is my first ever Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag.
- Best book you’ve read so far – This was the best sequel ever! And I just can’t believe this series is over!
- Best sequel you’ve read so far Definitely the best sequel, loved being back with these amazing characters, worth the wait!
- New Release you haven’t read yet, but want to I can’t believe I completely forgot about the 3rd book in this series, this is one of my favorite fantasy series and everything about it is perfection.
- Most anticipated release for the second half of the year This one is one I will need to read, but first I have to pick up the first one and I blame Melanie for it (:
- Biggest disappointmentI was so dissapointed with this read, I was expecting an amazing witches story but it was so lacking I wanted to DNF’d it but I finished it complete dissapointment.
- Biggest surpriseI know Claire Legrand for her Middle grade books and this was a great surprised I can’t say it was perfect but it was pretty great!
- Favorite new Author (debut or new to you)
I have Melanie to Thank for the Cruel Prince she’s a big Fan of Holly Black so when I got my copy form the Owlcrate I kew I had to read it and ever since Holly Black become a favorite of mine. Also, I have to mention Anna-Marie McLemore after reading When the Moon was Ours I decided I need to read every single book she releases, her stories are full of magic and are beautifully written I can’t get enough of them.
- Newest fictional crushWell, Rowan Whitethorn (:
- Newest favorite character
Jalan, Mannon Blackbeak, Prince Cardan, enough said! LOL
- Book that made you cryI have read this book twice and I cry everytime I read it, so beautiful!
- Book that made you happyI’m not big on contemporary stories but this was what I needed when I read it.
- Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)This book dust jacket and hardcover are to dye for so beautiful I had to get it.
- what books do you need to read by the end of this year
I can definitely blame Melanie for wanting to read Strange the Dreamer LOL, have been waiting to read another book by Noemi Novick and I can’t wait for July so I can get my hands on Spinning Silver and of Course Blanca & Roja.
- Favorite book community member – Now this one is hard to do since I follow so many bloggers, bookstagrammers and booktubers it is really hard to mentioned all of them here but maybe I’ll do a separate post with a list of my favorite ones. This community has allowed me to meet (or talk online) with so many wonderful people but is hard to pick a favorite one, you’re all unique and bring something different and exciting all the time and I really love that.
That’s all folks! wow this was a long tag LOL but it was fun and I hope I can make time for more reading and blogging seriously I haven’t been able to be as active as I was but I’m trying to get back on a schedule.
Until next time my friends and Happy Reading!
3 thoughts on “2018 Mid-Year Book Freak Out”
The best answers, I swear! Ahhhh! I am so happy you did this, love! And I hope the last half of the year is just as amazing, love! You deserve the entire universe! Happy reading! ❤ xx
Thank you so much!!!! xoxo
Yes for the Rowan love!
Also, I hope you read and love Strange the Dreamer in time for Muse of Nightmares!